Ok, there is AdRants, AdFreak, etc., but no blogs on the advertising industry worth their salt (never really knew what that saying meant to be honest, still don't). As such, I've decided that as an old time icon of the advertising industry, at least the Hollywood version, it was my responsibility, no, my obligation to fill the void. For any of you old enough, assuming anyone old enough doesn't blog, you know who Putney Swope was. For everyone else, he was the protagonist of one of the best movies on the industry you call your own. The movie has more of a social message of white and black America, of which I will not follow. My interest is not social commentary, but rather an honest view of the goings on in our industry. An industry some say is dying and others say is already dead. That said, in my quest to create an informative place for all of you adies out there, I will follow these simple rules:
1. Honesty is the only policy. I won't include any bullshit unless it is clearly identified as such or unless it is just too interesting not to include.
2. No personal slams on named individuals unless again it is just too interesting to not include.
3. Every post must be about an agency, ad professional, advertisement or Paris Hilton. She's always interesting and must be included.
4. No shilling or sponsored-driven post, unless some offers me a lot of money (a lot defined as enough to buy a beer and shot at divey lower east side bar).
5. That's it, my Editorial Manifesto completed in 50 words or less. Not bad for an ad man, or could it be ad woman?